Deeeeelicious! Have I mentioned how addicted I am to slow cooking? My mom gifted me an awesome stoneware crockpot a while back… I could cook two whole chickens in that thing if I ever wanted to. Can’t get enough of it. I’ve already got like four “pulled meat” recipes and I have no intention of stopping!
Make your own non-toxic cosmetics!
I may make my living as a food blogger, but journey toward a more health-conscious lifestyle actually began with making my own cosmetics while I was still in high school–many years before I started “clean eating”. Desperate to get a handle on my sensitive skin and nose, I was also hoping for cheaper, more eco-friendly alternatives to store-bought products. If you’re in the same boat, making your own cosmetics and toiletries is easier than you might think! My e-book A Clean Face will give you the tools you need to get started for just $9.99.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons no-tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 24 leaves romaine lettuce (for serving)
- 12 cups coleslaw (for serving)
- 6 small avocado (sliced)
- Combine the chicken, honey, broth, vinegar, nomato sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a slow-cooker and cook on low 6 hours.
- Pull the chicken apart with forks. Serve in lettuce wraps with slaw, avocado, and a bit of liquid from the crockpot for dressing.