Deeeeelicious! Have I mentioned how addicted I am to slow cooking? My mom gifted me an awesome stoneware crockpot a while back… I could cook two whole chickens in that thing if I ever wanted to. Can’t get enough of it. I’ve already got like four “pulled meat” recipes and I have no intention of stopping!
Need a Break From Cooking?
Whether you’re traveling, moving, or just tired of spending so much time in the kitchen, 28 Days of No-Cook AIP can help. With four one-week meal plans designed for lazy days and/or a poorly-stocked kitchen, these simple dishes (including but not limited to salads, wraps, and smoothies) will make sticking to your autoimmune protocol diet during business trips, holiday travel, and times of illness or stress a lot easier! The e-book is now available as a digital download for $9.99.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons no-tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 24 leaves romaine lettuce (for serving)
- 12 cups coleslaw (for serving)
- 6 small avocado (sliced)
- Combine the chicken, honey, broth, vinegar, nomato sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a slow-cooker and cook on low 6 hours.
- Pull the chicken apart with forks. Serve in lettuce wraps with slaw, avocado, and a bit of liquid from the crockpot for dressing.