Deeeeelicious! Have I mentioned how addicted I am to slow cooking? My mom gifted me an awesome stoneware crockpot a while back… I could cook two whole chickens in that thing if I ever wanted to. Can’t get enough of it. I’ve already got like four “pulled meat” recipes and I have no intention of stopping!
Are you suffering from adrenal fatigue?
Are You Tired and Wired? is one of my favorite books on adrenal fatigue with chronic illness. It’s a comprehensive yet straightforward examination of the factors at work and home that contribute to chronic adrenal dysfunction and the diet, lifestyle adjustments, and emotional reprogramming that can help fix it. A healthcare provider with a focus on women’s health, Marcelle Pick will help you identify what type of adrenal dysfunction you suffer from and provide an easy-to-follow, science-based program to help you restore balance to your life. I found it extremely helpful with my own chronic fatigue!
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons no-tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 24 leaves romaine lettuce (for serving)
- 12 cups coleslaw (for serving)
- 6 small avocado (sliced)
- Combine the chicken, honey, broth, vinegar, nomato sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a slow-cooker and cook on low 6 hours.
- Pull the chicken apart with forks. Serve in lettuce wraps with slaw, avocado, and a bit of liquid from the crockpot for dressing.