This dish packs a lot of flavor for minimal effort, and is a great way to mask “fish smell or taste” if you have picky eaters around.
Looking for more easy AIP recipes?
I know diet change can feel overwhelming. I started the autoimmune protocol at a time when only four other people were writing about it, and over the years, I’ve striven to give you the resources I wish I’d had when I got started. Not just recipes, but ways to implement them. My first ebook 28 Days of AIP is a meal plan that will help you get going (or get back on the wagon) with as little fuss as possible. With a variety of simple, delicious recipes, plenty of leftovers so you don’t spend all your free time in the kitchen, and shopping lists ready to go, all you have to do is follow the plan, then sit down and enjoy your meal! It’s available as a digital download for $9.99.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 pound whitefish
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons coconut aminos (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Briefly sear the fish on both sides.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and green onion and cook until the fish easily flakes when scratched with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.