Chicken. Bacon. Tomato sauce without the inflammatory tomatoes. These three simple ingredients (okay, plus a few spices) yield some super tasty shredded taco meat! Top with guac, pico, kraut, or whatever the heck you like!
Budget-Friendly AIP Cookbook
The Nutrient Dense Kitchen is a beautiful, simple cookbook all about helping you understand which ingredients will give you the most nutritional bang for your buck, and showing you how to incorporate them into your diet in efficient, budget-friendly, and delicious ways. With 125 AIP recipes and 5 meal plans, it’s a cookbook you’re guaranteed to cherish. Now available on Amazon.
- Combine the meat, bacon, no-tomato sauce, onion, ginger, garlic powder, and oregano in a slow-cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Meanwhile, make the tortillas.
- Shred the meat and scoop it into the tortillas, then top with coleslaw, guacamole, or other toppings.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt, then stir in the water and oil and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into six equal-sized balls and roll each one between two pieces of parchment paper to make a thin tortilla.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-high and cook the tortillas about 1 minute on each side, until brown spots and small air bubbles form.