Guys. This is an amazing dish. It’s like taking a juicy, flavorful burger patty and sticking it on rice with gravy and a fried egg. What’s not to love about that? I’d been planning on trying it for ages and finally got around to it a few weeks ago, and now I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner. This Loco Moco with Cauliflower Rice has become one of my favorite ways to include cauliflower in our diet, and can be adapted for the autoimmune protocol. Of course, if you do eat rice, you can serve it over that instead!
Need Help Meal Planning?
Feeling uninspired or struggling to stick to your Paleo or autoimmune protocol diet? It helps to have a plan. Real Plans will create a custom plan for your family’s size, schedule, and needs and it’s just $6/month if you sign up for an annual subscription. This is a great next step for those of you that have finished 28 Days of AIP and are looking to keep the ball rolling with new, exciting recipes!
- Form the beef into patties and fry in the oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, bring the broth to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and stir in the salt and pepper.
- Combine the arrowroot and cold water in a separate dish to make a thick slurry, then slowly pour it into the simmering broth, stirring constantly until a thick gravy forms.
- Once the beef patties are done cooking, remove from the pan and set aside. Crack the eggs into the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until the whites are solid but the yolks are still runny.
- Place 1 cup of cauliflower rice on each of four plates, then top each with a beef patty and about 1 cup of gravy before placing a fried egg on top.