Guys. This is an amazing dish. It’s like taking a juicy, flavorful burger patty and sticking it on rice with gravy and a fried egg. What’s not to love about that? I’d been planning on trying it for ages and finally got around to it a few weeks ago, and now I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner. This Loco Moco with Cauliflower Rice has become one of my favorite ways to include cauliflower in our diet, and can be adapted for the autoimmune protocol. Of course, if you do eat rice, you can serve it over that instead!
Don’t Feel Like Cooking?
That’s okay! Everyone needs a break sometimes, especially during busy times like the holidays or when you’re sick or stressed out. When I find myself unwilling or unable to prepare healthy meals myself, I turn to Paleo on the Go. Yes, they have autoimmune protocol-friendly options! With tons of nutritious, delicious, pre-packaged meals, Paleo on the Go‘s ready-to-go, frozen courses are perfect for those days you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. They even offer an appreciable selection of AIP-friendly treats, including toaster pastries!
- Form the beef into patties and fry in the oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, bring the broth to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and stir in the salt and pepper.
- Combine the arrowroot and cold water in a separate dish to make a thick slurry, then slowly pour it into the simmering broth, stirring constantly until a thick gravy forms.
- Once the beef patties are done cooking, remove from the pan and set aside. Crack the eggs into the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until the whites are solid but the yolks are still runny.
- Place 1 cup of cauliflower rice on each of four plates, then top each with a beef patty and about 1 cup of gravy before placing a fried egg on top.