I’d never had lemon curd before and had no idea what to expect from the traditional, sugary recipe I adapted for Paleo diets. What I got was a delightfully tart pudding that just has to be paired with sweet cream (or sweetened yogurt) and fresh fruit. This is a lovely little dish that’d be perfect for entertaining! I absolutely love the combination of strawberries and tart lemon curd. But you can absolutely use any fruit you like here! Bananas, pineapple, raspberries, cherries… anything that pairs well with lemon!
Looking for Some Simple AIP Recipes?
When you’re dealing with fatigue, pain, or illness, eating healthy is hard enough without having to multitask while cooking or clean up a huge mess afterwards. That’s why one-pot meals are my favorite. 28 Days of One-Pot AIP is exactly what it sounds like: A 28-day meal plan featuring only 100% autoimmune protocol, one-pot recipes. There’s an intro to explain the AIP and one-pot cooking and the preparation is so much simpler when you’ve only got one thing to keep track of. Plus, you’ll be amazed at the variety of flavors still available to you, like my Chicken Pot Pie Soup, satisfying green smoothies, and colorful salads! The e-book is now available for $9.99.
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- Whisk together the eggs and honey until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Heat over medium-low in a saucepan, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens to a pudding.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing it through with a spoon, into a heat-safe dish.
- Stir in the oil. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on top of the curd. Refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the lemon curd, whipped cream, and strawberries evenly between four dessert glasses. Start with a layer of lemon curd on the bottom of the glass, then add the whipped cream and strawberries on top. Serve chilled.