I’d never had lemon curd before and had no idea what to expect from the traditional, sugary recipe I adapted for Paleo diets. What I got was a delightfully tart pudding that just has to be paired with sweet cream (or sweetened yogurt) and fresh fruit. This is a lovely little dish that’d be perfect for entertaining! I absolutely love the combination of strawberries and tart lemon curd. But you can absolutely use any fruit you like here! Bananas, pineapple, raspberries, cherries… anything that pairs well with lemon!
Budget-Friendly AIP Cookbook
The Nutrient Dense Kitchen is a beautiful, simple cookbook all about helping you understand which ingredients will give you the most nutritional bang for your buck, and showing you how to incorporate them into your diet in efficient, budget-friendly, and delicious ways. With 125 AIP recipes and 5 meal plans, it’s a cookbook you’re guaranteed to cherish. Now available on Amazon.
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- Whisk together the eggs and honey until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Heat over medium-low in a saucepan, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens to a pudding.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing it through with a spoon, into a heat-safe dish.
- Stir in the oil. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on top of the curd. Refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the lemon curd, whipped cream, and strawberries evenly between four dessert glasses. Start with a layer of lemon curd on the bottom of the glass, then add the whipped cream and strawberries on top. Serve chilled.