I’d never had lemon curd before and had no idea what to expect from the traditional, sugary recipe I adapted for Paleo diets. What I got was a delightfully tart pudding that just has to be paired with sweet cream (or sweetened yogurt) and fresh fruit. This is a lovely little dish that’d be perfect for entertaining! I absolutely love the combination of strawberries and tart lemon curd. But you can absolutely use any fruit you like here! Bananas, pineapple, raspberries, cherries… anything that pairs well with lemon!
Treat Your Sweet Tooth!
Being on a restricted diet doesn’t mean you have to give up every indulgence. Temptation can be rough, and when it strikes, it’s nice to have something on hand that’s safe to eat. Enter Sweet Apricity. They make creamy, delicious caramels and fluffy marshmallows that just so happen to be 100% autoimmune protocol-friendly. With excellent customer service, high-quality ingredients, a subscribe and save program, and some of the most incredible sweets you’ll encounter on the AIP, your sweet tooth doesn’t have to go wanting. Plus, they’re a great gift for anyone with food sensitivities! Get 10% off with coupon code CleanPlateHolidays now through January 30th, 2020!
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- Whisk together the eggs and honey until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
- Heat over medium-low in a saucepan, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens to a pudding.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing it through with a spoon, into a heat-safe dish.
- Stir in the oil. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on top of the curd. Refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the lemon curd, whipped cream, and strawberries evenly between four dessert glasses. Start with a layer of lemon curd on the bottom of the glass, then add the whipped cream and strawberries on top. Serve chilled.