Healthy Soft Serve. That sounds like a gimmick, right? Like “Low-Fat Soft Serve”, made with some overly-processed powdered milk so it’s not really any better for you… or even if it is, it tastes like garbage. But this stuff’s the real deal, I promise. With nothing but frozen fruit and all-natural flavors (like lemon juice, cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, or other spices), it’s a treat everyone can love. You don’t even need any added sugars–not even a drop of honey–because bananas are naturally so sweet.
Banana-based ice cream isn’t a new thing. In fact, it’s something of a trend in the health food communities, with tons of variations out there, and for good reason. It’s freakin’ delicious! So next time you find yourself craving a cone, whip up this ultra-easy recipe instead. If you keep some frozen fruit on hand, it will only take a couple of minutes to prepare. You could be eating it in less than the time it took you to read this post. How awesome is that?
But that’s not even the best part. This particular recipe is for Raspberry-Lemon Soft Serve, but there are lots of other cool flavors you can make. Check ’em out:
Other Flavors of Healthy Soft Serve
- Cherry-Vanilla: Swap the raspberries for cherries and the lemon juice for 1/2 vanilla bean
- Blueberry-Ginger: Swap the raspberries for blueberries, halve the lemon juice, and add 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger root
- Strawberry-Banana: Lose the lemon juice and swap the raspberries for diced strawberries
- Cinnamon-Raisin: Use 3 bananas, swap the raspberries for 1/8 cup raisins, and swap the lemon juice for 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate: Leave out the raspberries and lemon juice and add 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa or carob powder
- Chocolate-Mint: Same as above, but add 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint as well
Need Help Meal Planning?
Feeling uninspired or struggling to stick to your Paleo or autoimmune protocol diet? It helps to have a plan. Real Plans will create a custom plan for your family’s size, schedule, and needs and it’s just $6/month if you sign up for an annual subscription. This is a great next step for those of you that have finished 28 Days of AIP and are looking to keep the ball rolling with new, exciting recipes!
- 2 whole banana (frozen)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup raspberry (frozen)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve immediately.