Noah is usually up for anything when it comes to meal time, but he loathes broccoli. One of my earliest memories of him is the phrase “They taste, feel, and look like little trees.” The fact that I thought this was ridiculous never swayed him in the least. I kept trying to hide broccoli in soups and stir-fries, thinking he wouldn’t mind it if I could overwhelm it with meat and/or sauce. Nope.But this salad changed everything. This salad embraces broccoli with a wide variety of textures and flavors. Not only did he go back for thirds, but he also asked how to make it so that he could have it more often. I have never been more proud of a recipe!
Stay Organized and Reach Your Goals
Whether you’re focused on big-picture goals like diet, fitness, and career or need help managing day-today tasks like errands and chores, a good planner will keep you focused so the important things get done in the simplest, most efficient way possible. The Ultimate Planner begins with a bird’s-eye view of the year and works its way down through monthly, weekly, and daily planners. Because these templates are adaptable to any day or year, you can use this planner over and over again! The ebook is available as a digital download with printable template for $6.99.
- 2 heads broccoli (chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 whole red apple (chopped)
- 1 cup coconut flakes (toasted, optional)
- 4 ounces kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dates (chopped)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard (omit for AIP)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Place the broccoli in a pot with the 1/4 cup of water over medium-high heat and cover. Cooke the broccoli until it's bright green, then remove from heat and cover in cold water.
- Drain the broccoli, then combine all ingredients in a salad bowl and toss. Chill before serving.