This dish is essentially classic Pad Thai with cashews in lieu of peanuts and yam noodles for a lower-carb option. It’s sweeter than the current Pad Thai adaptation on my site and less autoimmune protocol-friendly, as it includes eggs. This quickly became one of my husband’s favorite dishes to whip up on a weeknight!
Keep Your Health on Track
Whether you’re starting the autoimmune protocol, a new medication, an exercise routine or trying to get to the bottom of your headaches or indigestion, cataloging your activities and symptoms is a great way to gauge your progress. The Ultimate Health Journal can help you stay on track with diet, fitness, and other lifestyle changes you have begun or been prescribed, notice patterns in your health and lifestyle so you can enact positive changes, and provide a valuable tool for you, your family, and your healthcare team. I would never have noticed that cinnamon makes me sneeze or dairy gives me hiccups without keeping a written record during my elimination diet, which helped me see the patterns that solved my problems! The ebook is available as a digital download with printable template for $6.99.
- 1 pound spaghetti squash (cooked and shredded)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium shallot (minced)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup cashews (halved)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, then set aside.
- Cook the chicken, garlic, and shallots until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about ten minutes.
- Move the chicken to one side of the pan and add the eggs to the other side. Cook, stirring, about one minute or until solid.
- Mix in the noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, aminos, lime juice, and pepper and heat through.
- Garnish with the sprouts, cashews, cilantro, and green onions before serving.