This dish is essentially classic Pad Thai with cashews in lieu of peanuts and yam noodles for a lower-carb option. It’s sweeter than the current Pad Thai adaptation on my site and less autoimmune protocol-friendly, as it includes eggs. This quickly became one of my husband’s favorite dishes to whip up on a weeknight!
Stay Organized and Reach Your Goals
Whether you’re focused on big-picture goals like diet, fitness, and career or need help managing day-today tasks like errands and chores, a good planner will keep you focused so the important things get done in the simplest, most efficient way possible. The Ultimate Planner begins with a bird’s-eye view of the year and works its way down through monthly, weekly, and daily planners. Because these templates are adaptable to any day or year, you can use this planner over and over again! The ebook is available as a digital download with printable template for $6.99.
- 1 pound spaghetti squash (cooked and shredded)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium shallot (minced)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup cashews (halved)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, then set aside.
- Cook the chicken, garlic, and shallots until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about ten minutes.
- Move the chicken to one side of the pan and add the eggs to the other side. Cook, stirring, about one minute or until solid.
- Mix in the noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, aminos, lime juice, and pepper and heat through.
- Garnish with the sprouts, cashews, cilantro, and green onions before serving.