In the winter months, there’s nothing I love more than a one-dish meal. Something you throw together, preferably from pre-prepared ingredients, stick in the oven or slow-cooker, and walk away from for a bit. In my case, to curl up under a blanket. I just don’t have the stamina to stand by the stove and juggle a bunch of different sides when it’s so cold! Fortunately, this Sausage Spaghetti Squash Casserole packs all the veggies and comforting flavors I need to stay healthy.
Struggling to Start the Autoimmune Protocol?Living with chronic illness can be isolating enough without overhauling your lifestyle, often without the full support of family members who don’t want their diets to change. But you don’t have to go through it alone. SAD to AIP in SIX, from Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and author of The Alternative Autoimmune Cookbook Angie Alt, will coach you step-by-step through the transition from the standard American diet (SAD) to the autoimmune protocol (AIP). The six-week course includes coaching from Angie and her team, support from your peers in the program, and reference materials–it’s an incredible bargain compared to private health coaching sessions. If you’re struggling to make the change to the AIP or feeling isolated on your health journey, this is the program for you!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the arrowroot and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, toss the squash with the broccoli, sausage, and sauce. Bake 15 minutes, then serve.