In the winter months, there’s nothing I love more than a one-dish meal. Something you throw together, preferably from pre-prepared ingredients, stick in the oven or slow-cooker, and walk away from for a bit. In my case, to curl up under a blanket. I just don’t have the stamina to stand by the stove and juggle a bunch of different sides when it’s so cold! Fortunately, this Sausage Spaghetti Squash Casserole packs all the veggies and comforting flavors I need to stay healthy.
Looking for Low-Histamine Recipes?A low-histamine diet can be immensely helpful for MAST cell disorders or people with excess histamine production, but it’s an extremely tricky diet to manage. My e-book 28 Days of Low-Histamine AIP combines low-histamine foods with the anti-inflammatory autoimmune protocol diet in a 28-day meal plan designed to jump start and simplify your diet change. The meal plan includes 36 simple, satisfying low-histamine recipes including a variety of dishes like Chicken Schawarma, Cabbage Roll Stir-Fry, and Chimichurri Steaks. You’ll be amazed at all the flavors still available to you! The ebook is available as a digital download for $9.99.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the arrowroot and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, toss the squash with the broccoli, sausage, and sauce. Bake 15 minutes, then serve.