I’ve never had traditional pozole, but this grain- and nightshade-free version has plenty of black pepper for spice and riced cauliflower for some of that hominy texture. It’s an excellent, hearty soup for this time of year!
Treat Your Sweet Tooth!
Being on a restricted diet doesn’t mean you have to give up every indulgence. Temptation can be rough, and when it strikes, it’s nice to have something on hand that’s safe to eat. Enter Sweet Apricity. They make creamy, delicious caramels and fluffy marshmallows that just so happen to be 100% autoimmune protocol-friendly. With excellent customer service, high-quality ingredients, a subscribe and save program, and some of the most incredible sweets you’ll encounter on the AIP, your sweet tooth doesn’t have to go wanting. Plus, they’re a great gift for anyone with food sensitivities!
- Heat the fat in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the pork and sear both sides.
- Pour in the broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer another 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, then serve hot.