I’ve never had traditional pozole, but this grain- and nightshade-free version has plenty of black pepper for spice and riced cauliflower for some of that hominy texture. It’s an excellent, hearty soup for this time of year!
Don’t Feel Like Cooking?
That’s okay! Everyone needs a break sometimes, especially during busy times like the holidays or when you’re sick or stressed out. When I find myself unwilling or unable to prepare healthy meals myself, I turn to Paleo on the Go. Yes, they have autoimmune protocol-friendly options! With tons of nutritious, delicious, pre-packaged meals, Paleo on the Go‘s ready-to-go, frozen courses are perfect for those days you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. They even offer an appreciable selection of AIP-friendly treats, including toaster pastries!
- Heat the fat in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the pork and sear both sides.
- Pour in the broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer another 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, then serve hot.