I’ve never had traditional pozole, but this grain- and nightshade-free version has plenty of black pepper for spice and riced cauliflower for some of that hominy texture. It’s an excellent, hearty soup for this time of year!
Are you suffering from adrenal fatigue?
Are You Tired and Wired? is one of my favorite books on adrenal fatigue with chronic illness. It’s a comprehensive yet straightforward examination of the factors at work and home that contribute to chronic adrenal dysfunction and the diet, lifestyle adjustments, and emotional reprogramming that can help fix it. A healthcare provider with a focus on women’s health, Marcelle Pick will help you identify what type of adrenal dysfunction you suffer from and provide an easy-to-follow, science-based program to help you restore balance to your life. I found it extremely helpful with my own chronic fatigue!
- Heat the fat in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the pork and sear both sides.
- Pour in the broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer another 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, then serve hot.