Bacon and pineapple pair very well together. Now, any time I see bacon in a recipe, I’m half-inclined to add pineapple too (or vice versa). Chili was a no-brainer. Of course pineapple and bacon would be great in chili! This recipe packs quite a bit of punch for not having any nightshades in it, even if you take the AIP option and omit the black pepper.
Make your own non-toxic cosmetics!
I may make my living as a food blogger, but journey toward a more health-conscious lifestyle actually began with making my own cosmetics while I was still in high school–many years before I started “clean eating”. Desperate to get a handle on my sensitive skin and nose, I was also hoping for cheaper, more eco-friendly alternatives to store-bought products. If you’re in the same boat, making your own cosmetics and toiletries is easier than you might think! My e-book A Clean Face will give you the tools you need to get started for just $9.99.
- 3 whole carrot (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 whole beet (chopped)
- 1/2 whole onion (chopped)
- 1/2 whole pineapple (chopped)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cups no-tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Add all ingredients except bacon to a slow-cooker and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Serve the chili with the bacon for garnish.