Bacon and pineapple pair very well together. Now, any time I see bacon in a recipe, I’m half-inclined to add pineapple too (or vice versa). Chili was a no-brainer. Of course pineapple and bacon would be great in chili! This recipe packs quite a bit of punch for not having any nightshades in it, even if you take the AIP option and omit the black pepper.
Don’t Feel Like Cooking?
That’s okay! Everyone needs a break sometimes, especially during busy times like the holidays or when you’re sick or stressed out. When I find myself unwilling or unable to prepare healthy meals myself, I turn to Paleo on the Go. Yes, they have autoimmune protocol-friendly options! With tons of nutritious, delicious, pre-packaged meals, Paleo on the Go‘s ready-to-go, frozen courses are perfect for those days you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. They even offer an appreciable selection of AIP-friendly treats, including toaster pastries!
- 3 whole carrot (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 whole beet (chopped)
- 1/2 whole onion (chopped)
- 1/2 whole pineapple (chopped)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cups no-tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Add all ingredients except bacon to a slow-cooker and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Serve the chili with the bacon for garnish.