Normally, when I Paleo-ize popular sandwiches, I make a salad or lettuce wrap out of them. But the Philly Cheesesteak is a hot, gooey mess that just doesn’t suit leafy greens. Enter the Philly Cheesestew! If you tolerate dairy well, feel free to garnish with provolone at the end!
Budget-Friendly AIP Cookbook
The Nutrient Dense Kitchen is a beautiful, simple cookbook all about helping you understand which ingredients will give you the most nutritional bang for your buck, and showing you how to incorporate them into your diet in efficient, budget-friendly, and delicious ways. With 125 AIP recipes and 5 meal plans, it’s a cookbook you’re guaranteed to cherish. Now available on Amazon.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Cook in the oil in a large pot over medium-high until seared on all sides, about 4 minutes, then remove from pot and set aside.
- Cook the onions in the pot at medium heat until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, then stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese and steak.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pot and heat through.