Okay, so margherita pizza is traditionally made with mozzarella and tomatoes. You won’t find either of those in this recipe. This is a nightshade-free, dairy-free alternative. And it is delicious. The crust is perfectly crispy, the toppings perfectly salty, tender, and tart. Noah wanted a crust seasoned like garlic bread, so that’s what I gave him. I prefer a slightly sweeter crust. If you’re in the same boat, you can leave out or reduce the amount of seasonings in the crust. It is the best pizza I have ever made, and it has been a weekly staple in our house ever since we first tried it. Of course, you are welcome to use any sauce or toppings you like!
Need Help Meal Planning?
Feeling uninspired or struggling to stick to your Paleo or autoimmune protocol diet? It helps to have a plan. Real Plans will create a custom plan for your family’s size, schedule, and needs and it’s just $6/month if you sign up for an annual subscription. This is a great next step for those of you that have finished 28 Days of AIP and are looking to keep the ball rolling with new, exciting recipes!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup mushroom (sliced and cooked)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 ounce black olive (sliced)
- 1 handful spinach (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet (lined or well-greased) and spread into a circle or rectangle to about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the sauce and toppings to the crust, then heat the oven to 450F and bake 5-8 minutes or until the crust is golden-brown around the edges.