I love lamb. And I love lamb seasoned with mint and currants. I took a family favorite recipe for mushroom sauce and combined it with meatballs inspired by Epic’s lamb, currant, and mint bars and holy moly, is the result delicious. And if you’re short on time, skip the mushroom sauce. Or use it on other recipes. Or, heck, just eat it as a soup! If you can’t find or don’t have dried currants, raisins will work in a pinch.
Don’t Feel Like Cooking?
That’s okay! Everyone needs a break sometimes, especially during busy times like the holidays or when you’re sick or stressed out. When I find myself unwilling or unable to prepare healthy meals myself, I turn to Paleo on the Go. Yes, they have autoimmune protocol-friendly options! With tons of nutritious, delicious, pre-packaged meals, Paleo on the Go‘s ready-to-go, frozen courses are perfect for those days you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. They even offer an appreciable selection of AIP-friendly treats, including toaster pastries!
- Heat the fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and shape into 1" meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Heat the fat in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the mushrooms are cooked through.