Kheema pav is a popular Indian street food, basically seasoned meat served up on a light, airy roll. Us grain-free folks can still enjoy the flavors on a lettuce wrap or portobello buns. This recipe excludes the nightshades, seeds, and grains the traditional dish includes.
Keep Your Health on Track
Whether you’re starting the autoimmune protocol, a new medication, an exercise routine or trying to get to the bottom of your headaches or indigestion, cataloging your activities and symptoms is a great way to gauge your progress. The Ultimate Health Journal can help you stay on track with diet, fitness, and other lifestyle changes you have begun or been prescribed, notice patterns in your health and lifestyle so you can enact positive changes, and provide a valuable tool for you, your family, and your healthcare team. I would never have noticed that cinnamon makes me sneeze or dairy gives me hiccups without keeping a written record during my elimination diet, which helped me see the patterns that solved my problems! The ebook is available as a digital download with printable template for $6.99.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 6 whole carrot (shredded)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (omit for low-histamine)
- Combine the fat and spices in a saucepan and heat over medium until fragrant. Remove the bay leaves.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the pan until the onion has caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the meat and carrots and stir-fry until the meat is cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice, stirring, then serve hot.