Kheema pav is a popular Indian street food, basically seasoned meat served up on a light, airy roll. Us grain-free folks can still enjoy the flavors on a lettuce wrap or portobello buns. This recipe excludes the nightshades, seeds, and grains the traditional dish includes.
All-natural, organic makeup and skin care
Araza Natural Beauty, founded by two sisters with Celiac disease, is the first Paleo-certified beauty company to offer a full range of products for skin, eyes, cheeks, and lips–all of which are additive, dairy, and gluten free. In all my years of experimenting with natural makeup, this has become my favorite, fool-proof brand for everyday looks!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 6 whole carrot (shredded)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (omit for low-histamine)
- Combine the fat and spices in a saucepan and heat over medium until fragrant. Remove the bay leaves.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the pan until the onion has caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the meat and carrots and stir-fry until the meat is cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice, stirring, then serve hot.