Kheema pav is a popular Indian street food, basically seasoned meat served up on a light, airy roll. Us grain-free folks can still enjoy the flavors on a lettuce wrap or portobello buns. This recipe excludes the nightshades, seeds, and grains the traditional dish includes.
Need Help Meal Planning?
Feeling uninspired or struggling to stick to your Paleo or autoimmune protocol diet? It helps to have a plan. Real Plans will create a custom plan for your family’s size, schedule, and needs and it’s just $6/month if you sign up for an annual subscription. This is a great next step for those of you that have finished 28 Days of AIP and are looking to keep the ball rolling with new, exciting recipes!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 6 whole carrot (shredded)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (omit for low-histamine)
- Combine the fat and spices in a saucepan and heat over medium until fragrant. Remove the bay leaves.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the pan until the onion has caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Add the meat and carrots and stir-fry until the meat is cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice, stirring, then serve hot.