This Dairy-Free Rocky Road Ice Cream is a decadent treat perfect for these hot summer months. With Sweet Apricity marshmallows, it’s a cinch to throw together, but it’s delicious even if you have to leave them out. To make a non-AIP version, or if you have coconut allergies and/or do fine with dairy, substitute the coconut milk for equal parts milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. The carob can also be replaced with bittersweet chocolate for those of you that have already reintroduced it and the amount of honey should be adjusted to taste. Whether you like it bitter or sweet, this treat is sure to satisfy!
All-natural, organic makeup and skin careAraza Natural Beauty, founded by two sisters with Celiac disease, is the first Paleo-certified beauty company to offer a full range of products for skin, eyes, cheeks, and lips–all of which are additive, dairy, and gluten free. In all my years of experimenting with natural makeup, this has become my favorite, fool-proof brand for everyday looks!
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk with the arrowroot in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the remaining coconut milk and honey to an active simmer, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the arrowroot mixture, carob, and salt and stir until thick, another minute or so.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes.
- Run through your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the marshmallows and almonds as instructed.