I’m kind of on a roll featuring recipes with ingredients I never really liked. Shrimp, zucchini… now cauliflower. I mean, who knew you could do things with it that wouldn’t leave it tasting bland, mushy, and/or bitter? It is the perfect base for all kinds of creamy dishes… and this “alfredo” sauce is so very similar in taste to the canned stuff my mom used to serve.
Make your own non-toxic cosmetics!
I may make my living as a food blogger, but journey toward a more health-conscious lifestyle actually began with making my own cosmetics while I was still in high school–many years before I started “clean eating”. Desperate to get a handle on my sensitive skin and nose, I was also hoping for cheaper, more eco-friendly alternatives to store-bought products. If you’re in the same boat, making your own cosmetics and toiletries is easier than you might think! My e-book A Clean Face will give you the tools you need to get started for just $9.99.
- 1 large spaghetti squash (halved and seeded)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken (sliced thin)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 strips baked bacon (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the squash cut-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until the flesh can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook the chicken through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the cauliflower and broth in the pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.Cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except the squash and chicken in a blender and process until smooth.
- Layer the squash and chicken on plates, cover with sauce, and garnish with bacon and parsley to serve.