This is a simple, presentable, and tasty breakfast or brunch, perfect for weekends, holidays, or company of any kind. Serve with some hash browns or bacon for a larger meal.
Looking for Low-FODMAP Recipes?
The low-FODMAP diet is often prescribed for people with IBS or Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), and there’s a huge overlap of that demographic with people with autoimmune disease. My e-book 28 Days of Low-FODMAP AIP combines both IBS- and autoimmune-friendly diets in a 28-day meal plan designed to jump start and simplify this often-challenging diet change. Just you wait: The meal plan includes 50 exclusive low-FODMAP recipes you won’t find on my website or anywhere else, with dishes like Chicken Vindalo, Jambalaya, and crispy, crunchy Tostones. You’ll be amazed at the variety of flavors still available to you! The ebook is available as a digital download for $9.99.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Scoop out enough flesh from the center of each avocado half to make room for a whole egg.
- Lay the avocados in the bottom of a baking dish and crack an egg into each half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the egg is set.
- Top with chives or chopped bacon, then serve hot.