Italian Baked Eggs are traditionally made with a lot of marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese. If that sounds like the tastiest thing on the planet, I don’t blame you. But wait ’til you try this much healthier adaptation packed with veggies, fresh herbs, and my nightshade-free nomato sauce!
Don’t Feel Like Cooking?
That’s okay! Everyone needs a break sometimes, especially during busy times like the holidays or when you’re sick or stressed out. When I find myself unwilling or unable to prepare healthy meals myself, I turn to Paleo on the Go. Yes, they have autoimmune protocol-friendly options! With tons of nutritious, delicious, pre-packaged meals, Paleo on the Go‘s ready-to-go, frozen courses are perfect for those days you just don’t want to be in the kitchen. They even offer an appreciable selection of AIP-friendly treats, including toaster pastries!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Divide the ground meat, spinach, and zucchini evenly between four ramekins.
- Combine the milk, nomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour into the ramekins, dividing evenly, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400F.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin and bake 12-15 minutes or until the whites are cooked through. Garnish with chives, then serve.