Even as somebody that doesn’t like cauliflower, I wholly recommend this satisfying and savory Roasted Cauliflower Soup. With garlic and onion, it’s thick, creamy, and deliciously savory, but also adapts well. You can make this with either chicken or vegetable broth and season to taste with your favorite herbs and spices. This is one of my favorite ways to serve cauliflower during the cold winter months.
Keep your household clean, too!
I may make my living as a food blogger, but my health-consciousness actually began long before I started cooking. Growing up with a sensitive nose and skin that would break out into a rash at the slightest provocation, I’ve been making my own cosmetics and cleaning products since high school. I hoped that avoiding these environmental toxins would not only improve my health, but be better for the environment and save me some money compared to buying high-end non-toxic products at a health-foods store. Whatever your reasons, making your own household products is easier than you might think. My e-book A Clean Space has all the tips, tricks, and recipes you need to get started–and it’s only $6.99!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a baking dish, place the entire head of cauliflower and cover with half of the fat, salt, and water. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic in the remaining fat until tender.
- Chop the cauliflower and add to the pot with the broth.
- Simmer 10 minutes, then puree and serve.