My ever-skeptical other half declared this “as close to whipped cream as possible when you have coconut involved”. It’s light, fluffy, and sweet. And yeah, there’s a slight coconut taste. But the coconut makes it the healthiest version of whipped cream you’ll ever see (well, unless you’re sensitive to coconut, in which case that sucks, and I’m sorry), so dig in!
Variations on Whipped Cream:
- Swap half the honey for strong-brewed coffee or Herbal Coffee for Espresso Whipped Cream
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of carob (AIP) or cocoa powder (not AIP) with the honey and vanilla for Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of powdered fruit like strawberries or raspberries with the honey and vanilla for Fruit-Flavored Whipped Cream
Looking for more easy AIP recipes?
I know diet change can feel overwhelming. I started the autoimmune protocol at a time when only four other people were writing about it, and over the years, I’ve striven to give you the resources I wish I’d had when I got started. Not just recipes, but ways to implement them. My first ebook 28 Days of AIP is a meal plan that will help you get going (or get back on the wagon) with as little fuss as possible. With a variety of simple, delicious recipes, plenty of leftovers so you don’t spend all your free time in the kitchen, and shopping lists ready to go, all you have to do is follow the plan, then sit down and enjoy your meal! It’s available as a digital download for $9.99.
- Whisk the coconut cream in a large bowl with a stand or mixer for 1-3 minutes at high speed.
- Add the honey and vanilla and continue beating to incorporate.
- If the mixture is too thick to become fluffy, add 1 teaspoon of water or coconut water and beat again.