My ever-skeptical other half declared this “as close to whipped cream as possible when you have coconut involved”. It’s light, fluffy, and sweet. And yeah, there’s a slight coconut taste. But the coconut makes it the healthiest version of whipped cream you’ll ever see (well, unless you’re sensitive to coconut, in which case that sucks, and I’m sorry), so dig in!
Variations on Whipped Cream:
- Swap half the honey for strong-brewed coffee or Herbal Coffee for Espresso Whipped Cream
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of carob (AIP) or cocoa powder (not AIP) with the honey and vanilla for Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of powdered fruit like strawberries or raspberries with the honey and vanilla for Fruit-Flavored Whipped Cream
Looking for Some Simple AIP Recipes?
When you’re dealing with fatigue, pain, or illness, eating healthy is hard enough without having to multitask while cooking or clean up a huge mess afterwards. That’s why one-pot meals are my favorite. 28 Days of One-Pot AIP is exactly what it sounds like: A 28-day meal plan featuring only 100% autoimmune protocol, one-pot recipes. There’s an intro to explain the AIP and one-pot cooking and the preparation is so much simpler when you’ve only got one thing to keep track of. Plus, you’ll be amazed at the variety of flavors still available to you, like my Chicken Pot Pie Soup, satisfying green smoothies, and colorful salads! The e-book is now available for $9.99.
- Whisk the coconut cream in a large bowl with a stand or mixer for 1-3 minutes at high speed.
- Add the honey and vanilla and continue beating to incorporate.
- If the mixture is too thick to become fluffy, add 1 teaspoon of water or coconut water and beat again.