This is one of those great OAMC meals you can make a huge pot of and then freeze and enjoy a few times a week for a quick, easy meal on those nights you just aren’t in the mood to cook!
Keep your household clean, too!
I may make my living as a food blogger, but my health-consciousness actually began long before I started cooking. Growing up with a sensitive nose and skin that would break out into a rash at the slightest provocation, I’ve been making my own cosmetics and cleaning products since high school. I hoped that avoiding these environmental toxins would not only improve my health, but be better for the environment and save me some money compared to buying high-end non-toxic products at a health-foods store. Whatever your reasons, making your own household products is easier than you might think. My e-book A Clean Space has all the tips, tricks, and recipes you need to get started–and it’s only $6.99!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef (sliced)
- 4 medium carrot (sliced)
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 bundle asparagus (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (omit for low-histamine)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the meat, 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Set the meat aside.
- Cook the broccoli, asparagus, onion, and carrots in the skillet until fork-tender, another 10-15 minutes.
- Add the meat back to the pan and stir in the mushrooms, aminos, juice, garlic, ginger, and salt. Heat through, mix in the water chestnuts and green onions, and serve hot.